Root Cellaring - Natural Cold Storage of Fruits and Vegetables
Root cellaring, as many people remember but only a few people still practice, is a way of using the earth's naturally cool, stable temperature to store perishable fruits and vegetables.
In Root Cellaring, the Bubles tell how to successfully use this natural storage approach. It's the first book entirely devoted to this subject and it covers root cellaring with a thoroughness that makes it the only book you'll ever need.
In Root Cellaring you will learn:
- How to choose vegetables and fruit varieties that will store the best
- Specific individual storage requirements for nearly 100 home grown crops
- How to use root cellars in the country, city and any environment
- Hoe to build root cellars, indoors and out, big and small, plain and fancy
- Case histories, reports on the root cellaring techniques and experiences of many households all over America.