Thread Folk: A Modern Makers Book of Embroidery Projects and Artist Collaborations is a modern refresh of an age-old craft. Author Libby Moore teaches basic stitches and how to choose materials, and shares original patterns with easy-to-remove perforated pages.
Thread Folk Includes:
- 15 embroidery projects
- Step-by step instructions & modern patterns
- 14 different stitches, from straight stitch to lazy daisy
- Techniques to stitch on clothes, shoes, tote bags, and pillows
Thread Folk also features Artist Collaborations, a series of projects based on the curated artwork of several distinctive, talented artists, including clothing designer Audrey Smit, and illustrators Alli Koch and Lauren Merrick.
- Thread (Embroidery Floss or Metallic Thread)
- Fabric (Quilting Cotton or Calico)
- Embroidery Hoop
- Embroidery Needle
- Embroidery Scissors
- Needle Minder